The Anne Plan

Friday, August 11, 2006

Ciao! After a quiet evening in Venice, I made my way into Rome and met up with Georgia. We have been running around, seeing all the major sights of the city but also catching up a lot, which has been really nice. The hostel is cool although last night, a girl brought a guy home (not good in a room of 8 people) so I got so frustrated that I said "Hey, maybe you guys should try finding a private room". I know it was kind of embarassing but other people also agreed so I knew I wasn't the only one lying awake. Needless to say that I am exhausted today but the Vatican City Museum and the Sistine Chapel aren't open tomorrow so I have to go today, which I am about to go do. Venice was pretty although too many pigeons and tourists. Other than that, Sarah, Dave and I are finalizing our bookings for Barcelon and tomorrow night we will be on our way. I am thinking of heading to the Vatican tomorrow for papal mass, just to see what it's like. But I'll have to see how my sleep goes tonight because I don't want to have another bad night's rest....

Anyway, the rash is slowly getting better, and I mean SLOWLY. But improvements are being seen (I think...). Thanks so much for the well wishes.

Hope everyone had a great long weekend and a good weekend coming up!

See you soon, I can't believe two more week 'til my trip is done!

Anne

6 Comments:

Blogger Lily C said...

Dear Anne,

Glad to hear your rash is healing. Please say hi to Georgia for me. How are the desserts over there? Did you have authentic pasta, pizza and tira misu? Is it expensive? While details of roommates with night guests is entertaining...you know I'm all about the food :-)

Love and miss you lots...2 more weeks...can't wait to talk to you then.

Lily

8:06 AM  
Blogger Lily C said...

If you would like to see the family you miss, I posted some pictures on the web...you can go to them to remember your family who loves and misses you very much. I talked to mom today and she's doing well. They celebrated Daddy's birthday over a feast(lobster and duck), with a few comical side events...which I'll share with you on the phone.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Lily C said...

Links:

http://groups.msn.com/lilycclub/lilyincanada.msnw

lilyc.blogspot.com

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne,

Sleepless in Rome are we?
You know sleeplessness can drive one mad, but hopefully the sandman will have you crash somewhere where you can doze to your heart's content.

A song came to mind.
Anne's so frustrated, she's so frustrated. Who's the Anne with the Master plan. She's so frustrated.

Do they allow you to take pictures of the Sistine Chapel or Vatican City Museum! ? I would love to see them. All those artists that grew up with paintbrushes for arms focused solely on their masterpieces.

Got to get back to helping merchants collect their money.

Hope to see you soon.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger ate my message.

Let's see... Where was I?

Oh yes, I altered a song that reminded me of you. I forget the Artist Name. Hopefully I am not sued.

"Anne's so frustrated, She's so frustrated! Who is Anne with the master plan?" "Wickee! Wickee!"

And another song:
"She can't get no sleep. She needs to sleep. She can't get no sleep. Wa Wa Wa Wa! (Reverb)"

The artwork at the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museum must be incredible. Do they allow you to take pictures inside?

You are witnessing some of man's greatest marvels. How will God inspire you? me?

Go to go!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!!
So, no go with Linds in Venice? I'm glad you are seeing the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museum. I was blown away by St.Peters - it's huge!! I had a similar experience in a hostel with rowdy roomates - only I was on a bunkbed - yikes!

See you soon - miss you here!

CM

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home