The Anne Plan

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Hello everyone, I am back in Canada! Hurrah! Kind of...I am glad to be home, glad to be in the comforts of Toronto and thankful that my trip went so smoothly, that I was able to do so much and that I am safe and sound. But of course, I wish I was still there! Especially after seeing all the bills waiting for me (rent, tuition, dental, etc etc...). Paris was amazing, Ray and I had a great time there. We did a picnic under the Eiffel tower, a bike tour and boat ride of the city at night, climbed Notre Dame and Arc de Triomphe, ate lots of delicious pastries, croissants, cheese, baguettes and other yummy things, went to the Louvre and did all things Paris for 4 days! It was amazing...it really is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to and suprisingly, the people weren't as mean as everyone had warned me about. I got to use my OAC french skills a few times, although I must admit it was pretty lame. "Je veux un fromage qui est doux, pas forte". Why, oh why...

There really is no place like home and this trip has really prepared me for the year ahead in that I can see the bigger picture. I also met a lot of teachers and felt encouraged the whole way through that I am making the right choice by doing this. I got a lot of advice and tips from young teachers and also some email addresses of people I can contact if I ever decide to move to London or New York and need a job teaching. Life is good. It was really amazing to see my mom and dad too. My mom was her usual cute self, dishing out advice left right and centre...we went out for lunch today and I told them all about my trip, sans photos, which Alfred will hopefully help me with (thanks in advance Alfred!!!)

I will probably keep up the blog while I'm in school and beginning my wedding planning!

Please give me a call and we'll get together soon!

Anne

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sound so damn happy and that makes me so happy too. can't wait to see you. i am very proud of you for taking the next step in your true calling.
xo, rishes

8:43 AM  
Blogger Andre said...

hi! sounds like you had a wonderful experience! i've always wanted to backpack/travel across europe. lucky u! glad you had a great time. take care.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anne:

I just know your blog by accident. Well,I wanna say hi here and I wanna let you know that I am so happy that we could meet and have great time together in Rome. You are right that we are special travelling friends.I really enjoy talking and laughing with you. Well,I trust both of us are going to be very busy soon. Good luck to us, and I know we will see each other again,but I have to say that I miss you!And thanks for sharing such wonderful time together in Rome. You are also right that we will always have Rome!

Love, Georgia:)

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home